B.C. health officials say Canadian who tested positive for hantavirus has recovered
British Columbia health officials say the Canadian who fell ill with hantavirus on a cruise ship stricken with an outbreak earlier this spring has recovered.
A statement from the Office of the Provincial Health Officer says the resident of the Yukon was discharged from hospital late last week.
It says the three other Canadians who have been isolating since last month are being monitored in their 42-day quarantine and are not showing any symptoms.
Officials previously said the four Canadians may have been exposed to the virus aboard the MV Hondius cruise ship.
The outbreak hit the ship during its voyage from Argentina to Antarctica sometime after April 1, following several stops at isolated islands in the South Atlantic.
The Public Health Agency of Canada has said the overall risk to the general population in Canada from the Andes hantavirus outbreak linked to the ship remains low.
Related Stories
Canada
Canada vows to match Trump’s 50% tariffs after trade deal talks fail
53 minutes ago
Canada
50% tariffs in effect after U.S. and Canada fail to reach a deal
54 minutes ago
Canada
Canadian prime minister suspends trade talks with U.S., setting new 50% tariffs in motion
54 minutes ago
Canada
PM Carney says Canada intends to match the U.S. tariffs ‘dollar for dollar’
54 minutes ago
Canada
Canada says it will match US tariffs 'dollar for dollar' as trade talks break down
1 hour ago
Canada
Trump’s 50% tariffs on Canada kick in as trade talks stall
1 hour ago
Canada
Canada tariffs: Deadline approaches, dynamic not going well sources say
1 hour ago
Canada
American tariffs on Canadian goods take effect after trade talks fall apart
1 hour ago